Tatraportal.sk and Tatraportal.com forum

Forum about Tatra vehicles
It is currently Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 603-1 front mask
PostPosted: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:21 
Discussion newbie

Hi,

Nice website you have here! Too bad I don't read Slovak. I have a Tatra 603-2 which I am renovating and modifying a bit to look more like a 603-1. I would like to fit the complete front mask from a 603-1, with box for the headlights and glass. Seems like Ecorra don't make the glass any more, only the box for the headlights?

Does anybody know of another supplier of the glass and the rest of the parts for the front mask? Or if it is possible to find a used 603-1 front mask?

/Rikard, Sweden

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 603-1 front mask
PostPosted: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:04 
Discussion newbie

Hi Ricard,

congratulation that you have this car.This is great.
First of all I dont know the reason to put mask model one to model 2 :?: I sold original mask for model 2 last week...
But okay
Concerning to the mask for model 1 it is not possible to buy it as a old one on bourse. I know what I am tallking about because I have been several times on bourses is Czech and Slovak and there is no used mask on market. It is probably because three headlamps was prohibited and everybody changed this mask for new one and old one has been thrown to the garbage. Seldom is for sale only front glasses but they ask 6oo EUR. Ad now what I know now nothing is for sale...

I know what I am tallking about because I have tatra 603/1/59 car and I have the same problem also.

Only one possibility how to put new mask is to make from original parts copy. My fried make some parts for this mask as a lights etc. One in Czech make back pannel= plastic..one front pannel plastic also..
I can help you to collect this parts but it takes time and be sure that you will spend min.1500EUR may be more . So think about this and let me know.
Hear you soon..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:01 
Discussion newbie

OK, thank you for your reply!

1500 Euro was a bit more than I thought, but it's good to know that the parts can be found. I will have to think about it. Do you have an e-mail adress were I can reach you?

/Rikard

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:29 
Discussion newbie

yes. horvath.v@zoznam.sk

Profile E-mail